Here is the most recent update to library services (as of January 4, 2021):
• The library is open! -- for limited in-person services, which include: getting/renewing library cards, computer usage (up to 1 hour), printing, holds pickups, light reference & reader's advisory. Temperature check, mask and social distancing required.
• Book drop (near the front door) is open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Book drops at other 35 locations are also open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. For the safety of patrons and staff, returned library materials are being quarantined for a period of 96-hours before being checked in. Please allow up to 7 days for returns to be removed from your account.
• Items Checked-Out before closure : Due dates have been extended to Aug. 31, 2020.
• Items Checked-Out after closure: have a 30-day loan period.
• Questions? Library staff can answer phone calls Monday - Saturday from 9:30am – 5:30pm (closed 1:00 - 2:00pm for mid-day sanitization break). The La Jolla/Riford Library’s phone number is (858) 552-1657. You can also email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
VIRTUAL PROGRAMS FOR ALL AGES
The doors may be closed in our buildings, but our San Diego Public Library librarians are working hard to bring storytimes, crafts, science activities, and more to those staying at home. Join our SDPL vIRTUAL HUB FACEBOOK GROUP to gain access to a variety of programs or follow us on the La Jolla/Riford Library's Instagram AND Facebook pageS.
VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING Schedule:
- 10 a.m. Preschool Storytime (Ages 0-5)
- 4 p.m. Teen Book Talks (Teens)
- 10 a.m. Children's Yoga (Ages 0-5)
- 2 p.m. Art of Cartooning (Ages 6-11)
- 4 p.m. Adult Create! (Adult)
- 10 a.m. Baby Storytime (Ages 0-5)
- 4 p.m. Teen Create! (Teen)
- 5 p.m. Read More with Trevor (Adult)
- 10 a.m. Special Guest Performers (Ages 0-5)
- 4 p.m. Adult Book Talks (Adult)
- 10 a.m. Bilingual Storytime (Ages 0-5)
- 10 a.m. Saturday STEM Stories with Emily (Ages 6-11)
- 10 a.m. Children's Create! (Ages 6-11)
* Scheduling subject to change, adjustments made depending on the situation.
Looking for new ways to keep your mind occupied while you’re at home? Enjoy hours of discovery and exploration in our eLibrary databases! We’ve got a range of educational opportunities for our youngest patrons to our oldest, all you need is your library card number and password. Don’t have a library card? We’ve got you covered! Get temporary access to many of our eLibrary databased by signing up at https://www.sandiego.gov/librarycard and be sure to write down your temporary ID and password. Here are just a few of our free electronic resources:
• Cloud Library – Borrow a wide array of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
• Brainfuse Help Now – Provides homework assistance and live tutoring for students in elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and even adult education.
• Testing & Education Resources Center – Practice for the ACT, SAT, GMAT, or GED tests.
• Gale Courses – Sign up for a variety of online classes
• Rosetta Stone – Learn or practice a new language.
To see the full range of databases we have available, visit: https://sandiego.gov/elibrary
Educational Apps for Kids
Learn from home by downloading any of these fun, engaging apps for children of all ages on your cell phone or tablet!
Click here for a complete list of educational apps, which are also included on the library's iPad station known as the Krayon Kiosk.